SEARCH  
Look Below     |     Contact Us

ABOUT ROBERTS FIELD

REDMOND MUNICIPAL AIRPORT/ROBERTS FIELD

THE AVIATION GATEWAY TO CENTRAL OREGON

Roberts Field is owned and operated by the City of Redmond for the tri-county area. It is the fourth largest commercial service airport in Oregon.  Commercial service is provided by Alaska, American, Delta and United Airlines. These carriers offer approximately 25 daily flights to Denver, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle. RDM also serves air cargo and general aviation services.

RDM is home to The Central Oregon Interagency Dispatch Center, Leading Edge Jet Center, Hillsboro Aero Academy, Redmond Air Center, and the U.S.D.A. Forest Service.  

In the 1920’s J. Roy Roberts promoted the efforts of other early day Redmond and area aviation enthusiasts to build and develop an airport.

In 1940, Oregon Airways initiated the first passenger service.

In 1942, the city of Redmond leased Roberts Field to the government to construct a bomber base.

In 1946, the airport was sold back to the city of Redmond for $1.

In 1950, the first passenger terminal was built on the north side of the field. It was a total of 3,400 square feet with 1,700 square feet for use by the public and the other half as a second story used by the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA).  The CAA financed $22,000 of the project and the airport commission picked up the remainder.

In 1950, United Air Lines and TilseBowman Air Service started passenger service.

In 1978 Horizon Airlines began servicing RDM as Air Oregon on the North Terminal

In 1981, a new terminal was constructed at the current site. It was a total of 8,000 square feet.

Then in 1992-3, the terminal was expanded to its current 23,000 square feet.

In 2005, Delta Airlines began non-stop service to Salt Lake City with two flights daily on a 50 seat regional jet.

In 2006, Horizon added direct flights to Los Angeles.

In 2007, Allegiant Air added direct flights to Las Vegas.

In 2008, the terminal began the expansion to 140,000 square feet.

In 2010, the terminal celebrated the ribbon cutting ceremony for the newly expanded building to 140,000 square feet.